[CF-Devel] Multipart creatures and maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Mar 17 01:26:50 CST 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      I have run the multipart arch map cleanup script (cleanarch.pl) that

      Bernd submitted and so far it is working great - perhaps I am imagining

      it but my server seems faster (lots of extraneous map data cleaned

      up?).  After some testing I have not seen any issues with the bigworld

      maps from this script but of course there are a lot of maps and I have

      not even come close to testing all of them.

      I would like to commit the cleaned up maps (first bigworld then old

      maps) however as I believe that any problems that might arise from

      running this script would be isolated and fixable.

      There are still display issues with large images however which this did

      not fix, but I think it is worth cleaning up the maps anyway.

  Seems reasonable.  It might be prudent to check in a portion of the maps first
- let them soak in CVS for a week and see if there are any issues so that if
there are, there isn't a huge amount of stuff that has to be fixed really quickly.

  Although it does seem unlikely that there should be any actual problems with
those changes.

  Also, can you provide a description/sample map/screenshot of the latest
drawing issues with big images?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com