[CF-Devel] Re: ideas that occurred while playing online

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Mar 22 01:31:27 CST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:19:17PM -0800, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Lalo Martins wrote:

      >... and one more: what happened to rotatespells?  Can we bring

      >it back?y

       The problem is that the order of spells is a bit random item.

       So the reason it was removed is that order of doing a rotate spells is

      basically non predictable.  So it really didn't make much sense to have a

      rotate command.

even then, I find it easier to press one key several times than
type a whole command.  There are only so many keys I can bind
(specially since I use the same client setup for many
characters).  And now with the new magic system, I'm not
supposed to know 50+ spells, so rotate is not as unreasonable.

Would it be too resource-consuming if the client kept a list of
all spells you know, and then sort them alphabetically?

[]s,
                                               +----
--
            Those who trade freedom for security