[CF-Devel] Item bugs.

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Mar 22 08:10:02 CST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Lalo Martins wrote:

      On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:27:19PM +0100, Palfy Tamas wrote:

      > There are two not-that-minor item bugs in the game, which should be fixed

      > pretty soon I think, for they break up equilibrium pretty much.

      > One is Ring of Occidental Mages.

      > Applying-unapplying several times causes it to go cursed. But that's not

      > the problem. The problem is that whenever you do this with it, the ring

      > get a random +1 Int, Con or Dex bonus! And you can do it multiple time, by

      > uncursing the Ring. Not even it's item power changes.

      I think this is the intended behavior.  Perhaps it is unbalanced

      that these bonuses are cumulative... dunno.  But it is

      definitely the way it was designed to behave.

Of course it is, except that you can do it several times. A random +1
dex/con/int is ok, but merely using uncurse scrolls/praying you can get 30
in all the three stats. By the way, a player checked the source and said
it should also give randmly STR as well, but whenever it should give STR
it gives DEX, and well it was intended to do such thing only once. I don't
understand why it's not obvious that this way this item is way too
powerfull.

      []s,

                                                     +----

      --