[CF-Devel] server 1.6.0?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu Mar 25 12:44:02 CST 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      What should we do about getting a 1.6.0 server packed up and set.

      There has been a LOT of stuff since 1.5.0 and the client was packed

      up partly because of this so it would be nice to bring the server up

      to 1.6 anyway. Maybe we can polish up something and then have a nice

      modern package for download before we start opening new things.  I

      believe the server is reasonably stable and I imagine a lot of folks

      would like a more current server package (and a distinct version

      containing the new skills/spell code) but maybe if we take time and

      everyone could mention or check for things that should be fixed but

      hold off on adding new stuff till this is done?

      I'd feel like correcting a few things here & there, like

      Windows-specific int64 stuff...

Relevant opinion to this discussion:

The most useful thing we could do to increase stability on Windows (and
everything else for that matter) would be to focus on using GTK 2.0 or
SDL exclusively.  It would behoove us to look into focusing all our
client coding resources on one client instead of keeping the current
divide, since portability will be *MUCH* easier if we don't have to
fight with several different code bases and above all it will make
designing for the client very much simpler.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com