[CF-Devel] More bugs, crashes noted by players

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 4 08:54:51 CDT 2004

Greetings Developers,

Apparently I have become an unofficial player liaison for reporting
bugs. Two players told me about some things last night. Here is the
information they gave me:

From Neil Reynolds - DrachenNiall (aka Niall, SlasherNiall)

      When doing the demon quest from scorn castle, the sixth quest; on the

      final map, I forget the pathname, but it was one of the peterm quests.

      The map has an onion-like layout, with 2 unique keys needed to get to

      the center.

      I crashed the server 3 times. Twice by casting large icestorm around

      a corner to flood the center room, the last time by using claw on the

      largest demon (I believe called the summoner)

      I think the crash occured when the big demon died.

      There's an altar in the navar thaum workshop that provides horns,

      ostensibly for alchemy. However it's the wrong type of horn for

      alchemy.

      They weigh 4Kg, cost 20pp, and sell for 200pp.

      Taking 4000Kg a trip to the store nearby is a profit of 180,000 pp

      I'd PREFER if the altar returned unicorn horns, so that we could make

      magical horns. I think that the altar should ask for at least 100PP,

      if not 200pp in line with the altars in the jewelry workshops

From Matteo Giassa - Fire

      Holy orb doesn't explode on impact, it just hits a [creature] like

      magic bullet does

     (I've seen this too. Gene)

      Summon Pet monster never summons vampires, like it should when you

      are at lvl 25 summoning, it only summons angels at best.

     (This was already covered by Mark Wedel. Gene)

      Create earthwall[s] [and] variety of other wall spells only create

      walls that are 5 tiles long, regardless of the level of the skill

      used to create it

     (I've noticed this too. Is it related to the cone spell question
below? Gene)

      On the Demon Quest Scorn Royalty Map, the server crashes when the

      Boss quest create (sumoner i think) is killed

      If there is a pile of 3 lanterns on the grounds, the game crashes

      if one tries to apply one of them

      Is item power +50 for Rings of Miracles and Elrond intentional?

      Just curious

     (I'm thinking "yes" <g>. Gene)

      Are cone spells only supposed to go 4 tiles when using "stay fire"

      regardless of the casters level? Increase in level never seems to

      increase the range of the cone spell with "stay fire".

     (Seems I've seen this one discussed here before. Gene)

Gene (aka poof|Galahad)
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.22-28mdkenterprise i686
 08:31:54 up 66 days,  2:28, 12 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.08, 0.02

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com