[CF-Devel] bug 942581 - BROKEN MONEY

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu May 6 02:03:30 CDT 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Someone reported a bug with slotmachines eating their money:

      This certainly is not how the slotmachines are supposed to work, they

      are to make change automagically (they are infernal slotmachines powered

      by little demons you realize).

      My observations:

      - silver slot works but when player has no silver all platinum coins are

      removed.

      - gold slots remove 10 silver coins instead of one gold.

      Since the code for the slots didn't change and they work for non money

      items I expect the money code has changed.  I tested the shops out on

      metalforge and found the same problems as reported withthe slots.  If I

      purchase items at a shop I notice that if I have 19 pp, 6 gold and 4

      silver and buy a item worth 3 gold and 1 silver once I leave the store I

      have 4 gold coins in my inventory.

      So I think it isn't the slots - it is some change to shop.c - perhaps

      the 64bit one from march 25th?  Since it is a money issue maybe it can

      get some quick attention.

  Looking at the code, the only issue seems to be that the game wasn't making
change, correct?

  If so, at least for shops, not quite that big a deal, as at worse, you're just
loosing a platinum piece.

  In any case, I've fixed the bug with it not making change.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com