[CF-Devel] faster portgate (context diff)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri May 14 09:05:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004, ERACC wrote:

      On Wednesday 12 May 2004 09:40

      Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > IMO waiting is part of the game.

      > And you can also use dimension door to cross faster :)

      My thoughts exactly. :-)

      I was going to suggest dimension door for our impatient friend. I

      also *like* seeing the guards messages. Perhaps if there were a way

      to randomize what the guard says so it does not seem monotonous our

      dissenting friend would be less irritated. :-)

Games are supposed to be fun. (Obviously not so obvious as it sounds.)
Useless waiting is not my idea of fun.
If you like waiting so much, you can still wait before the already opened
gates. The idea of using dim door at those gates did only come up because
these gates opened so annoyingly slow in the first place.
And while my character does have dim door, others do not.
Anyway i think there are other people who are not in for the SM kind of
play. (suffering and seeing others suffer)

As to the messages, if you had tested the map, you'd have noticed that
i did not remove them, but refined their logic.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com