[CF-Devel] faster portgate (context diff)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat May 15 23:04:11 CDT 2004

Bernd Edler wrote:

      Games are supposed to be fun. (Obviously not so obvious as it sounds.)

      Useless waiting is not my idea of fun.

      If you like waiting so much, you can still wait before the already opened

      gates. The idea of using dim door at those gates did only come up because

      these gates opened so annoyingly slow in the first place.

      And while my character does have dim door, others do not.

      Anyway i think there are other people who are not in for the SM kind of

      play. (suffering and seeing others suffer)

  Just as a note, I personally don't see any harm in quickening it up.  While
patience may be a virtue, it can get annoying to constantly have to wait 5
seconds (or whatever it is).  The first dozen times may not be that big a deal,
but after the 100'th, it seems a bit excessive.

  I know that I've personally thought 'will those darn guards hurry up and open
the gate'?

  Maybe we need an express pass :) - more money == faster access.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com