[CF-Devel] Rune & other bugs

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon May 17 02:16:35 CDT 2004

       IMO, have some spells not work correctly with runes is probably

      perfectly fine.  I note that it doesn't appear that you can cast word of

      recall on friends even - it always seems it is a personal spell, and as

      long as that holds true, it won't work.

Then if some spells can't be put in runes, we should prevent a player
from doing that :)

       The fix here isn't in the rune code, it would be in word of recall - if

      it is modified to look for players in the direction cast, it would

      probably work fine.

Hum, then you could have side effects sometimes when you want to cast
wor on yourself, but a friend is in the direction you're looking in :)
Not saying that's bad, just that we'll hafta take care :p

       That I believe is borrowed from nethack.  It basically means you now

      have the attacktype of confusion.

       Such an attacktype was actually useful in nethack - not so in crossfire.

Oh! lol
I thought confusion was a cone spell, like burning hands & such :p

Nicolas

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com