[CF-Devel] faster portgate (context diff)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon May 17 13:27:46 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 14:12, ERACC wrote:

      On Monday 17 May 2004 12:33

      Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > Note that I committed a few days ago a 'ground positioning system'

      > that lets players know where they are in the world - up to them to

      > write down interesting locations...

      > (should be quest reward, probably, can't yet be found anywhere)

      This is a good idea indeed. However, I don't want to write down all

      these locations offline. Could players get (buy or find) a Log Book

      that allows more entries than the limited scrolls and books they can

      get now? I run into the inscription limitation on a regular basis

      while writing scrolls to inform guild members of events in the guild.

How about an item that can hold one location only.  When you are on the
same map, a map that is directly tiled with that map, or a world map (if
the location is on a world map), then it will tell you exactly how many
squares away from the location you are in each direction.

Some of these could be found pre-set to a given location, such as the
goblin-chief's lair.  Blank ones could be set by a player.

Not that I'm offering to code it...

--PC

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com