[CF-Devel] Patch: new sound proposal

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 18 02:24:00 CDT 2004

       But that actually isn't true.  Since copy_object() copies the sound

      information, and since anything that is generated on the map after

      information which is the same as the archetype, but because sound_info

      is now set, will get saved out.  That isn't terrible, but is a bit odd.

Well, it isn't nice, but soundinfo gets cleared in loader.[lc].
Just after doing a copy_object, there's a free_soundinfo_for_object(
tmp );
Actually, the copy in copy_object is there only for the loading of
archetypes, i think - since an object is first loaded, then copied as
arch.clone, we need to copy sound info at that point.

       I also do expect it will be desired to clear sound events from the

      archetype without replacing them (Eg, making a 'quiet' item).

True, didn't think of that. Well, that can be a 'no_sound' sound :)

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com