[CF-Devel] From the board: comet & meteor swarm

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Thu May 20 02:29:16 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Copied from the message board, since it's about a spell bug

      ----

      Ok, I'm a bit fuzzy on the intended logic here, but, I THINK this is a bug.

      Comet: Makes a big lasting fire effect. Yet, if ANOTHER comet is cast in

      the same area, IT DOES NOT PROPAGATE. The 2nd Comet will ONLY propagate

      if there is a free (no fire spell occupying from the 1st comet) space to

      expand in. 2 Comets spawning from the same (fire covered) area = 1 comet

      filling the area it should, and the 2nd filling NOTHING until the first

      comet expires, then it expands a few squares and ends (appropriate for

      it's "active" time).

  I'll fix this up - its just a problem of the unique spell tag (maxhp) not
being set.

      Now, let's advance to Meteor Swarm. The same logic from Comet applies

      still. ONLY the first Meteor (Comet) expands fully. The rest DO NOT

      propagate at all, until the FIRST one dies off. This makes for ONE "full

      damage area" attack, and a secondary attack that is, well... useless...

      like 10x10 at max, and lasts a second or 2.

  Fix should also fix that.

      I'm thinking this behavior is not intended. PERHAPS it was meant as a

      limiting factor for Comet, but the fact that Meteor swarm is a

      multiple-comet attack and is STILL bound by the same rules, I'm thinking

      this is a bug/unintended effect.

  Its not intended, and the bug currently effects all exploding ball spells.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com