[CF-Devel] Re: Possible item price bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 18 12:05:41 CDT 2004

Mark Wedel wrote:

      Well, at least having a #define at the top of shop.c isn't a bad idea

      instead of it just being harcoded in the code itself.

I did not like to introduce this #define PRICE_LIMIT because it would
not work very well with the current function. Therefore I searched for
an appropriate function to use and got:

    val = (PRICE_LIMIT-200)+20*isqrt(x-(PRICE_LIMIT-100))

(For values x>PRICE_LIMIT and "val = x" for x<PRICE_LIMIT.)

This function gives (with PRICE_LIMIT=8700) nearly the same values as
the current function (see attached image) but is differentiable and
monotonic increasing. Additionally, modification of the parameter
(PRICE_LIMIT) does not change the gradient very much.