Re: Re: [CF-Devel] Icestorm - could not move - death

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri May 21 04:36:49 CDT 2004

Applying resistance against pushback effect of certain attack type may not
be logic, BUT there are things to be considered before applying such
changes in the game. (Mah God, why is it _not_ obvious...?)
First of all, the balance. "Would my change endanger the balance in the
game?" "Is it fair considering the current settings and features?"

Like, there are already lotsa bad effects in the game that can be applied
on players. Paralysis, confusion, fear, etc. You came up with another,
then someone will think "oh, I too have a good idea, how to make players
life much worse" and so on. What you _didn't_ do is thinking about a
solution to _counter_ this effect. (I thought it's obvious - I make up
a new thing, I also think about it's consequences and make sure that
it's harmful (side)effects can be taken care of. Why is it so hard to
make decisions _with_ responsibility?) Currently I know no spell, item,
resistance or any other thing available to help a player against
pushback. (Except being overloaded, but I hope it's not only me who
thinks it's ridiculous.) And icestorm is not one of the rarest thing. And
this pushback is just like fear, but you still cannot do anything when
cornered. It's _insane_.

Inventing such new effects should be done with care anyway. Consider the
fact that players have limited item slots. It's not fair adding new bad
effects while leaving them with the ability to defend themselves only
against a few of them.

For this pushback I could think about a spell (like a resistance spell),
it could be called like "aerodinamic shield", it makes the wind and such
move around you, weakening the pushback effect.

Xenon

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com