[CF-Devel] Bug ? Automatic Pickup of Arrows and Client crash

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri May 21 12:56:21 CDT 2004

3 things:

1) client freeze: Try to deisable sound. When soundserver hangs, the pipe with
client start filling and in the end the client is waiting for pipe to empty.
Should fix it in the more or less near future

2) map area location: Put everything you want at the place you want it. Then
go to thce client menu, there is somewhere something named 'save windows
position'. Activate it, quit, rerun client. Things should be magically at the
good place (thanks gtk, nothing to do with client implementation i think :)

3) gdb: To get help with you gdb, when you gdb does give you a prompt (after
the kill), type 'bt' this will do a backtrace. This is far more usefull thant
the C function in which kill was invoked (please not as this is wrtie this
may be a write to the pipe to soundserv :) ) The output of client in console
may be usefull too (messages from soundserver are send there)

4) Have a nice day!