Re: Re: [CF-Devel] random maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue May 25 08:35:51 CDT 2004

        If I recall, the return exit, when placed automatically, pops back to the

      original location to that entry.

        Eg, if you have two series of maps (say A and B) that you want to use for the

      same final map, the quick return should point back appropriately.  Note that it

      is not possible for A and B to use the same real map - each one would probably

      still need to have its own copy (final_map_A, final_map_B), at least from the

      server standpoint.  Otherwise, you'd get the issue that the exit that leads back

      up could only lead to one set of those maps.

This is the problem - I would rather be able to switch off the return exit in that case so I could use the same final map for both A and B.  The current behaviour is propably correct for a default but I think we need a way to switch it off and not place an exit at all.  This would give you the ability to map multiple routes to the same place so long as they are understood to be a one way ticket.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com