[CF-Devel] random maps

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed May 26 01:24:15 CDT 2004

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      If I recall, the return exit, when placed automatically, pops back to the

      original location to that entry.

      Eg, if you have two series of maps (say A and B) that you want to use for

      the same final map, the quick return should point back appropriately.  Note

      that it is not possible for A and B to use the same real map - each one

      would probably still need to have its own copy (final_map_A, final_map_B),

      at least from the server standpoint.  Otherwise, you'd get the issue that

      the exit that leads back up could only lead to one set of those maps.

      This is the problem - I would rather be able to switch off the return exit in

      that case so I could use the same final map for both A and B.  The current

      behaviour is propably correct for a default but I think we need a way to

      switch it off and not place an exit at all.  This would give you the ability

      to map multiple routes to the same place so long as they are understood to be

      a one way ticket.

  I suppose that could be done easily enough.  OTOH, the idea of two maps
leading to the same place with no return seems a bit odd to be.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com