[CF-Devel] Hard skill: inscription

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun May 30 09:57:22 CDT 2004

Hello.

Inscription is, imo, too hard to level into.
I'm level 24 (got xp via undefined skill bug on rods/wands), and when
i write a level 16 spell (nightfall), i get 700xp. I'll let to the
reader as an exercice how many scrolls need to be written to level :)

Ok, leveling in inscription doesn't have that much interest at first
sight, but it lets use high-level spells without using mana/gr
(nightfall, or sanctuary, protection from xxx and such), and also cast
spells you can't use else (i'm a Gaea fellower and can't cast
diseases, but i can write'em, and then use the written scroll.
granted, i can find scrolls, but funnier to write some :))

My suggestion would be to add a multiplier to experience based on
level. I think alchemy does that, already.

What do you think?

Nicolas

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com