[CF-Devel] Map bug

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun May 30 23:33:23 CDT 2004

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hello.

      On cf.mf.net, players had some issue with map sisters/necro_ruin1.

      They were in the 2 square space south of map, and couldn't get out.

      Youg et there through a trapdoor, on which a cooblestone is (and a

      pushable statue).

      It seems the cobblestones too fell through the trapdoor, getting on the

      ladder back up & trapping players.

      Did someone change behaviour of trapdoors? Or is it a map bug?

  It does not appear that the code has changed for a long time at least (looking
back at the 1.4.0 code, it appears the trapdoor and move_ob code is exactly the
same as it is now, and that is about 20 months back).

  That said, one could add some basic sanity checking, like not have floors drop
through.  But I'm not sure if that might not break other maps.

  It's also potentially possible that the logic for choosing the space to drop
objects has changed, but I don't think that is the case either.

  So I'd probably attribute this to broken map.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com