[CF-Devel] Scorn Sale Shop - big world

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun May 30 23:38:16 CDT 2004

ERACC wrote:

      BTW, to make a "diff" do I just run the diff command with specific

      switches? If so which switches? An example would be great. TIA

  I typically do 'cvs diff -cw'.  You can specify which file/directory to diff -
by default, it will do the current directory and all subdirectories.

  -c is a context diff - includes the 3 lines before and after the actual
changes.  This is really nice for code changes, because you can see the code
around what is being changed, and thus have a better idea (context) of the
actual change.

  -w says don't show diffs that are only whitespace changes.  This doesn't come
up that much unless making formatting changes, but still handy.

  For archs, -c still applies, but can be just as clear to include the entire arch.

  For maps, diffs make no real sense, other than to provide a way to get the
changes out there (hard to look at the diffs on a map and get much idea of the
changes - really need to load it into the editor).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com