[CF-Devel] Python Guilds

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Nov 29 21:40:42 CST 2004

Jumping on work done by Woo on Metalforge, I've been working on Python
based Guild stuff for the last few weeks this has been mostly following
a thread among DMs on the Metalforge DM Forum so I thought I should fire
up what has been done to the list for others to take a look.
Basic premise - automate much guild functions, remove keys and add more
features like rankings, status and membership levels.  New Guilds should
be add-able entirely from the maps module.

The package is not complete however much of the basic functionality is
there (there is still a lot to do in the maps to fix them up so you need
DM access to really play with it ATM however).
The guild template was originally based on the PoisonedDagger in darcap
but it will be abstracted so that guilds can be added pretty easily by
copying the template and running a script to change the main exits and
some script parameters.

     http://abraxis/games/cfstuff/python_guild_test8.tar.gz

Unpack to your maps dir, it requires current CVS (espically the
cfdatafile scripts) and the Python plugin (Python 2.1 or higher).

If you have access to the forum ->

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=692&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com