[CF-Devel] More Bronze Items and treasurelist + Updated classes (more)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Oct 10 11:34:17 CDT 2004

I remeber that stunt and I remember a bug was found
where the server would crash if it loaded a file with
a whitespace and a newline. Perhapse I shouldn't have
complained?

Say the word and I'll be quiet on such issues from now
on.

(I did also find a problem in my treasure list aswell
at that time, the bug was the reason the server
crashed immediatly though)

--- Nicolas Weeger <

     nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

     > wrote:

      > You atleast show a small amount of respect to map

      > makers and their wishes, perhapse if you did you

      would

      > have more of them. I say that the maps would break

      > because they probably would. I have not

      dissappeared

      > so just out of respect please don't bucher my

      maps.

      And you should at least show a small amount of

      respect to developers

      who make the game possible in the first place, and

      to other map makers

      who (probably) choose the current map structure.

      Don't ask more than

      what YOU give :)

      We're all working together for the game, on our

      *free time*. AFAIK no

      one is paid to develop anything. Yes developers

      without map makers

      won't go far, but true the other way around too ^_-

      You'll also note that at least one has agreed to

      help you sort maps

      out in subdirectories. Ok you know the maps because

      you made them, and

      think moving files around would break thing. Now can

      you guarantee

      that it's *totally impossible* to move files around

      while not breaking

      stuff?

      > They are a work in progress and I am developing a

      > story line with them. They are not just hack and

      slash

      > and maim.

      Which is the case for other areas. Pupland, ancient

      pupland, to name

      the ones i know.

      > Make the comments, I doubt that they are relevant

      > these maps. I did not criticize anyone's maps or

      code.

      Oh, and didn't you criticize developers just a few

      weeks ago? Remember

      that stunt about the awful server being totally

      broken and how we

      should fix it asap without delay because It Was Our

      Fault (tm), when

      it was also due to your changes to treasures?

      Ryo

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://messenger.yahoo.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com