[CF-Devel] healing potions

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Oct 15 10:50:20 CDT 2004

Mark Wedel wrote:

      Better than a new field would be to standardize around a single

      method for adding inventory.

      Arguably, the treasure list syntax already supports that.

Yes I would say that the treasure list syntax should be used.

       What would be fantastic would be to be able to add treasure list

      notation in  the arch file directly *and/or* use a list(s) from a

      .trs file or the treasures file - the same sort of thing you can do

      with animation  - use anim/mina in the arch file or call animation

      from a .face file.  Since the .trs files are collected and collection

      is not done during game time I don't see a big problem with having it

      parse treasures from .arc files as well as .trs files (?).

        It could be done, but a little more complicated than the animation

      stuff.

       The animation stuff is easy - the collection code basically says 'one

      I find a anim, just collect all the data until I get a mina.  This

      works fine because mina is not used anyplace for the archs.

       The treasurelists use an 'end' to denote the end of the list, which

      also happens to match the tag for ending an object.  Fortunately, the

      treasurelist doesn't nest  those, so the collect could basically do

      something like 'once I see a treasure line, collect all until I see an

      end line'.

I was thinking of wrapping standard treasurelist notation in a tag like
the anim/mina so that you could do:

treasurelists

all your treasurelist notations

endtreasurelists

the the collect scripts can just look out for the wrappers in the
arches, the trs files and the treasures file.  This seems like there are
three places for the data but at some point the treasures file in the
server would be entirely replaced by .trs files in the arches I expect.

      This would let you grandfather out the randomitems field so that

      inventory is done a single way and get rid of the limitation where

      you can only have one entry in the randomitems.  It would be great to

      be able to spice up a chest or a mob by adding an additional treasure

      list or two or even a single item (or chance for an item) without

      having to make treasurelists for every permutation.

       Well, you're asking for something completely different now.

Right, well I guess the ability to spawn copies of objects in the maps
is pretty good, it would be very nice to be able to reference multiple
treasurelists in the randomitems field (or another field) however so you
could add a second list to a NPC or a chest.  You can still do a lot by
adding additional items to inventory or random archs so that is not so
important to be able to make custom lists in the maps.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com