[CF-Devel] Butakis crash

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Oct 16 15:26:44 CDT 2004

Here is what I have discovered about the Butakis prison map causing the
server crash on metalforge.

This map (Wist_study) had a lot of arches in monster inventory that had
been removed form the game - I'm guessing it is likely this was causing
the crash.
The code has been changed on Oct 16 to fix the actual crash but the
missing arches are still missing.

from the log:

Discarding object without arch: book
Couldn't find archetype ability_fear
Discarding object without arch: ability_fear
Couldn't find archetype ability_forced_dance
Discarding object without arch: ability_forced_dance
Couldn't find archetype ability_mass_confusion
Discarding object without arch: ability_mass_confusion
Couldn't find archetype ability_lightning
Discarding object without arch: ability_lightning
Couldn't find archetype ability_cold
Discarding object without arch: ability_cold
Couldn't find archetype ability_mass_confusion
Discarding object without arch: ability_mass_confusion
Couldn't find archetype ability_speedball
Discarding object without arch: ability_speedball
Couldn't find archetype ability_fear
Discarding object without arch: ability_fear

now fear has had a name change so that is easy to fix but IMHO the
others should be abilities as well as spells unless I am missing
something about how these things work.  On a similar topic - do monsters
have to have the appropriate spell skill in their inventory to cast
spells which have been dropped into their inventory or can they just
cast spells automatically?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com