[CF-Devel] Womanly value code in crossfire

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Mon Sep 13 06:42:47 CDT 2004

Ah I understand now. The item that I had worth 1mill
is a 1000kg gold block with an inherent value of 1mill
(you can buy it at the bank in the citydeclouds if you
have bought a vault there). I do have sell gold block
tables at each of the FWB diamond exchange locations
so selling isn't so much a problem.

Thank's for the information :)

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      Mitch Obrian wrote:

      > There is a limit for very expensive items in

      crossfire

      > that is problematic. For a 1 million value item I

      get

      6

      > silver coins for it.

      > There is apparently a cap on the value somewhere

      other

      > than the signed int. Can it be removed? Or a

      message

      > like this given instead (for high value items):

      > "the item is worth $$$$ but it would be difficult

      > sell for more than $$$$"

        There isn't a cap - rather, if the item is worth a

      lot, the sell price

      calculation is done different.  I know there was

      recent (few months back) about

      changing this because there were some bugs - I can't

      remember the new/final

      calculation.  The old method at least was something

      like

        if value > 10000 value=10000 + sqrt(value)

        Note this different method is only used when

      selling items.  When buying

      items, the value of the item is used, with various

      adjustements for charisma,

      bargaining, etc.

        It's unclear to me why this is a problem - there

      is already too much money in

      the game, so it strikes me that having limits is a

      good thing.  I don't know the

      original justification for why that was put in - my

      guess might be to make sure

      that programmatically generated items don't become

      worth insane amounts of money

      (that +3 gold darkblade of lythander worth

      10,000,000 or something).

        I'm also reluctant to even put in that line 'worth

      xyz, but you could probably

      only get abc' for it.  Arguably, items are worth

      what you can sell it for - to

      me, such a line just makes things confusing (players

      asking where they can sell

      it for xyz, since such a message certainly suggests

      you should be able to sell

      it for that much someplace).

        Note that currently, there are a lot of items that

      probably run into this cap

      - most of the true artifacts probably exceed it.  So

      removing it won't just

      effect your item, it would effect money, and thus

      probalby lead to a lot more

      money in the game.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool