[CF-Devel] Traps not working reliable

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Sep 14 15:03:55 CDT 2004

Committed to CVS.

Some additional notes:

 - I committed the changes to the arch repository only. I did not update
   the archetypes file in the server or CFJavaEditor repository.

 - The Rune of Nullification seems still not to work. I noticed some
   strange fields in it, but didn't know how to fix them. Therefore I
   left them unchanged:

     - level 0: rune does not attack?

     - hp 0 (i.e. missing field) but attacktype set

     - no_magic 1: this field seems not to be used for traps

 - Some runes have both physical and magic attacks. (For example: Rune
   of Create Bomb does 90 phys attack and casts spell_create_bomb.) The
   current code uses the magic attack but ignores the physical attack.
   Because this feature may be implemented eventually, I did not remove
   these (currently unused) attributes from runes where it made sense to
   me.

 - The bug database on sourceforge lists this bug:

   [ 977275 ] Trap runes seem to not work all the time

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com