[CF-Devel] Archetypes, New maps, Idease?

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Sep 29 20:44:28 CDT 2004

Exactly :)

Shall I start making the arches, pictures and treasure
list(s)? (shouldnt take too long, couple days).

--- Rick Tanner <

     leaf at real-time.com

     > wrote:

      I think the discussion of iron vs bronze durability

      and how it works in

      the real world is not what the original post wanted

      to address.

      The default weapons for many of the low level

      monsters (goblins, orcs,

      zombies, etc.) are more sophisticated then what one

      would find in a

      typical fantasy/semi-historical context.  In this

      case, iron.

      Mitch pointed out his observation that players

      (presume his server) are

      easily collecting a massive fortune by picking up

      every dropped weapon,

      armour piece, etc. and selling it.

      Now, instead of messing with the base prices for all

      of these weapons and

      other items that the low level monsters drop - they

      now have new treasure

      with new pricing and possibly other stats.  As a way

      to potentially

      simplify things - this new treasure would be based

      on bronze.

      Examples:

      An iron (or other metal/alloy/etc.) longsword would

      have a

      base selling price of 8 gp while a bronze longsword

      would sell for 2 gp.

      A new player wouldn't have to save up 8 gp for the

      longsword in the

      weaponshop to replace their current shortsword, they

      only need 2 gp to

      upgrade their weapon.  This would improve their

      chances of survival.

      Allows them to save up the 8 gp and then upgrade to

      the iron (or other

      metal/alloy/etc.) longsword.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail