[crossfire] Code (spring) cleaning

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Apr 14 17:00:37 CDT 2005

Hello.

There are *many* places in the code where char* are used as arguments,
when const char* would be really all right.

So I'd like to clean that, to use const char* everywhere this is
appropriate.

This means many changes in functions in many files. I don't think that
would break things. Of course some functions legitimately can use char
when needed (to return arguments and so on).

In the same topic, some function, many descriptive functions (for items,
monsters, and such) use a static char buffer, and return char*. This too
imo should be const char*, as you don't control the buffer and shouldn't
change it - but that's my opinion.

Any objection to the first pass cleaning (argument)?

Ryo