[crossfire] Server release?

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:16:45 CDT 2005

On 4/15/05, Brendan Lally <

     b.t.lally at warwick.ac.uk

     > wrote:

      IMHO the new gtk2 client is probably enough of an improvement to be called

      crossfire 2, since it is an entirely new client frontend and (to those using

      it at least) a different app. However, it doesn't seem to be ready for

      general use yet (no autopickup controls for one thing).

Needs suppourt for lower resolutions (at 1024x768 here)

      Maybe also a discontinuation of cfclient and crossedit if they are no longer

      maintained and used (I'm unsure about this one, the only person I know who

      has used cfclient in months was someone who appeared on IRC not knowing about

      gcfclient - does anyone still use these by choice?).

Still used on older systems, mikeeusa uses crossedit, not the javaeditor.

      and of course having a crossfire 2.0 release may even be worth a

      slashdotting....

Anyone want to to a security audit first?  And give server admins a
fair warning before it happens...

Andrew Fuchs