[crossfire] A few random ideas

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 11:32:26 CDT 2005

/me notes that mlab has mines...

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

      wrote:

      >>Gold and platinum ore should only be found in

      limited

      >>places in limited supply. We could have a

      >>geography/mineral map for each world map maby: Ie

      you

      >>dig in this spot you get x etc.

      > How about make mines and generic caves appear

      randomly?

      > Possibly only within predefined areas.

        Making mines appear randomly on the world maps

      gets a little trickier, in that

      presumably, you'd new ones created and old ones to

      go away.  However, making it

      so that an old one goes away when no one is using it

      gets harder.

        PRobably easier to just make random maps, and have

      something like a minestyle.

        The mines could use special destroyable walls

      (with pickaxe/shovel or

      something), and have random spaces that have ore (or

      more clever, have special

      mine type code that actually does the ore in veins).

        With a random map, it would have a set location,

      which IMO isn't really a

      problem.  And it'd periodically reset, so people

      could go mining again.

      crossfire at metalforge.org