[crossfire] titan_quest map not solvable anymore?

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 14:37:51 CDT 2005

I agree. I also wonder why a titan's castle would have
"wizard tricks" built into itself. I think the castle
would be much more utilitarian and the Megapolis would
eschew the desired archtecture the "foolish
intellectual wizards" beg him for... "by golly we have
strength... no need for trickery".

--- Mark Wedel <

     mwedel at sonic.net

     > wrote:

        I recently tried to do the titan quest (archduke

      of scorn quest) map and was

      unable to finish it.  I'm not sure if its because

      I'm just missing something, or

      as I think might be the case, server behavior has

      changed.

        My guess looking at the map is that the player is

      supposed to dimension door

      into the small chambers, and then get the final key

      that gives access to megalopos.

        Before the spell code was redone, this was

      actually possible.  With the redone

      spell code, it is no longer possible to teleport

      through solid (those that block

      sight) walls.  The walls in the the titan quest do

      block sight, thus no

      dimension door.  I can't remember the rationale, but

      I seem to recall it was

      discussed at the time, and did make sense.

        To me, there are perhaps a couple possible

      solutions:

      1) remove the need of dimension door - you already

      get keys, just put doors in

      those blocks that the keys use.

      2) Change the walls to be the gate style walls that

      you can see through (and

      thus dimension door)

      3) perhaps some third option I can't think of.

        I personally prefer #1.  By the time you get to

      that map, you're pretty high

      level - requiring dimension door is like robbing

      Fort Knox and finding the last

      door has a padlock purchased at the hardware store.

      My other thought on this is

      it would be really annoying to get to that stage and

      not have a way to dimension

      door (in my adventures, I used a wand of dimension

      door to get to the castle,

      but that has finite charges).  The real gotcha is

      that it can certainly take

      long enough to work your way through those maps that

      you just can't go back to

      down and come back again - the first maps may have

      reset, so you'd have to do

      the entire quest again.

      crossfire at metalforge.org