[crossfire] autogeneration of news file

Rick Tanner leaf at real-time.com
Wed Aug 17 20:14:55 CDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Brendan Lally wrote:

      Currently the server has a NEWS file, which contains changes and

      notices related to the server, by default it is not very useful and

      must be maintained by the server admin to become so.

The news is a good feature, autoupdating it somehow would be really nice
feature IMO, and convenient too. ;-)

      What I want to know is, is it possible to autogenerate this from the CHANGELOG?

This *might* be a start.  I've been using cvs2cl to create a change log
file from cvs.  I haven't been successful in using the -xml option and
then converting to .html, but that's another story.

Hompage:

     http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/

Example Output:

     http://www.metalforge.net/cvs2cl.txt