[crossfire] autogeneration of news file

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 07:38:20 CDT 2005

I don't know if this is possible, so would appriciate if someone who
understands the complexities of autotools could comment.

Currently the server has a NEWS file, which contains changes and
notices related to the server, by default it is not very useful and
must be maintained by the server admin to become so.

What I want to know is, is it possible to autogenerate this from the CHANGELOG?

what I am thinking off is roughly this logic:

where I am going to install the newsfile too, is there an existing file?

if no copy the changelog for HEAD into the NEWS file

if yes, copy the changelog only to the date of the existing file into
the NEWS file (new changes)