[crossfire] Tweaking alchemy

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Dec 4 11:41:01 CST 2005

Hello.

I'd like to extend alchemy-like skills, probably with a 'cooking' skill.

What i'd like to do is:
* add a way for formulaes to never blow up, and just yield a specific
item when failed ('burnt cake'). This will make it safer and more fun,
of course this would be for low exp recipes (or for a skill having a low
skill => overall percentage)

* add a 'min_level' for a recipe, which you couldn't do if you're not
high-level enough (or with a *really* low probability). Just to feel the
meaning of 'experience' :) And to prevent just trying a high exp recipe
over and over again.

* then i'd like to add food-related recipes, like pizzas (yummy!),
bread, cakes, things like that. Of course i'll add matching archetypes.
And thinking of making use of 'keycode' field and using quests to learn
recipes.

Unrelated to alchemy, but I'm thinking on using the 'on_apply_yield'
field to eat (apply) food by parts (cake => 3/4 of cake => half cake =>
1/4 of cake => nothing).

Comments, suggestions?

Ryo