[crossfire] Tweaking alchemy

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:39:43 CST 2005

On 12/4/05, Nicolas Weeger <nicolas.weeger at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'd like to extend alchemy-like skills, probably with a 'cooking' skill.

Aaronf0 said he would work on a more dynamic alchemy system, however,
I have no idea if he has even started it.

> What i'd like to do is:
> * add a way for formulaes to never blow up, and just yield a specific
> item when failed ('burnt cake'). This will make it safer and more fun,
> of course this would be for low exp recipes (or for a skill having a low
> skill => overall percentage)

I think this has been needed for a long time.  Though IMO the
distinction between recipes that can be fatal should be made on the
premises that the recipe has some magical quality to it.

> * add a 'min_level' for a recipe, which you couldn't do if you're not
> high-level enough (or with a *really* low probability). Just to feel the
> meaning of 'experience' :) And to prevent just trying a high exp recipe
> over and over again.

If a level 1 player tries a level 110 recipe repeatedly, maybe give
him a few warnings, if he ignores those kill him if the recipe is
magical.

> * then i'd like to add food-related recipes, like pizzas (yummy!),
> bread, cakes, things like that. Of course i'll add matching archetypes.
> And thinking of making use of 'keycode' field and using quests to learn
> recipes.

And add some "fancy" high level recipes.  Preferably that don't blow
up, but a loss of cash from expensive ingredients used in the recipe
would be desirable.

> Unrelated to alchemy, but I'm thinking on using the 'on_apply_yield'
> field to eat (apply) food by parts (cake => 3/4 of cake => half cake =>
> 1/4 of cake => nothing).

Probably a good idea to allow the use of item transformers on these.
(slicing knife)

On an other note, more items that can only be obtained through
alchemy, would be interesting.

--
Andrew Fuchs