[crossfire] Tweaking alchemy

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Mon Dec 5 02:29:57 CST 2005

>   I wonder if instead of just having that be a flag, have
some fields like 'danger_potential' or 'blowup_chance' or
something?

Yes, could be more extensible later on.

>   It would probably make sense to say something like you can
eat 100 value of food/tick.  So things with food value less
than that, you'd gobble the entire thing.  For items with
more, you eat partial amounts.  Or maybe do it by weight
instead - you can eat 500 grams/tick.  So for waybread, it
goes down quickly, but some things, like corpses, would take a
while to eat.

But you then run into the merging issue - you'd have many
items with different weight/food left, and a real pain to merge.
Also you couldn't easily change the face to reflect how much
you eat.
Which is why it seems simpler to me to just change the item
via on_apply_yield :) Also it's more visual to see half a pic
of an apple and pic of a half apple than 2 apples with the
same pic not merging.

>   You'd also have to think about how this applies to certain
special food effects - the magical breads - do you get the
effect on first bite?  On all bites?  What about dragon
players eating a corpse?  Do they now get that many more
chances to get an improved bonus?

Well, again using on_apply_yield solves the issue - the 2nd
item won't have any special property.

Ryo

Jusqu'au 25 décembre, participez  au grand jeu du Calendrier de l'Avent et
 gagnez tous les jours de nombreux lots, + de 300 cadeaux en jeu !