[crossfire] Proposal for player logfile / plugins

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Dec 17 08:48:36 CST 2005

Hello.

It seems the slow issues Metalforge has been experiencing are related to
Python, and possibly due to the size of the logfile (log containing
birth date, kick info, muzzle, and so on).

My proposal is to split this file, putting player's information directly
in the player's directory.

To do that, I'd like to enable plugins to access specific files in
player's directory (or, for safety, a subdirectory, as to not mess with
unique maps).

Plugins could this way store player-related information easily. Also,
when a player quits, information is just removed with everything else
with the player's directory.

Drawback (for logfile at least), no more consolidated file with all the
info - but shouldn't be too hard to do a script to merge all info for
statistical purposes.

What do you think of that?

Nicolas