[crossfire] Banking system

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 07:02:00 CST 2005

On 25/12/05, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
> Anton Oussik wrote:
> > On 24/12/05, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
> >>   At some level, it becomes a question of why not just make money a
> >> 'stat'.
>
>   As said, this wouldn't be really hard.
>
>   Add a uint64 field to the player object.

I suspect this would also fix the client bug when the client crashes
when it steps on a tile where something has nrof > 2^32.

>   The biggest issue is making sure it works - having a bug and wiping out
> peoples gold would be a pain.

I agree, it would need a lot of testing before being put into "production" use.

>   That said, it would seem an easy fix right now is just change the current
> weight of coins - the weight is currently 10 - it could be reduced to 1, and
> increase carrying capacity tenfold.

Yes, one can do that, but then it would only be a workaround, and one
that would not fix all money carrying related problems.