[crossfire] Banking system

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:26:53 CST 2005

On 12/27/05, Anton Oussik <antonoussik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also replying to several posts.
> Firstably card vs chequebook: I don't think there is plastic in CF,
> and so things should not be made out if it.

Why do you assume that credit cards /must/ be made out of plastic?
They could be made out of wood, or copper.

In fact, credit cards give a saner way to charge the player, because
real loan sha^W^W banks do exactly the same thing.

Charge a fixed amount each year/month, everytime you buy something,
send a request for payment of an amount vaguely related to the amount
owed. Every $STUPIDLY_SHORT_SPACE_OF_TIME increment by BIGNUM

You could then have differing credit limits backed by the amount that
you have in the bank (and, maybe, the level of the player). - These
could also have differing costs.

Maybe there could also be a few cards that offer gimmicks - like a
free dragon flight after you spend above a certain limit.

In case you couldn't gues, I don't like credit card companies very much.