[crossfire] Re: I'll commit the large denomination coin archtypes, I'd like to edit the amber coin to look more ambery (any objections)?

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:07:22 CST 2005

On 12/31/05, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>   Not until relative recent history did paper money really become popular.  That
> said, if currency is changed, I'd suggest unique graphics (that are clearly
> distinguishable) are probably desired - having bunches of coins in my inventory
> that all look the same would be confusing/annoying, and remove some of the
> reason for doing this, which is to add character.

This would also have to affect character generation, currently players
that are generated get an amount of money when they choose a class,
and before they exit the nexus. If the two destinations from the nexus
have differing currencies, then the player could get the 'wrong' type.

Moving the acquisition of money to the teleporters which the player
stepped on might work, but since dead players return there until they
get another savebed, this might be hard to guarentee to not be
exploitable (at the least, every existing player who didn't set a
savebed, would get some money next time they died).

Making those teleporters damned could work, indeed, if they pointed to
a relatively 'safe' place (scorn town hall maybe?) it might be
considered a good thing anyway.