[crossfire] shops and stealing

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 31 18:33:58 CST 2005

On Saturday 31 December 2005 12:02 am
Mark Wedel wrote:

> [...]
>   With the addition of new fields in the map header for shops, it'd seem like it
> would not be possible to extend stealing to shops. [...]

Good ideas there. I would add that a player's luck score should have
a lot of influence on ability to steal from a shop. So, a player that
wants to PK /and/ steal is truly "out of luck" and will have a much
more difficult time stealing from a shop. A 'luck 0' score would mean
luck has no affect on the percentage chance of getting caught. A luck
score of +1 or greater means the player has an exponentially greater
chance of stealing successfully. A luck score of -1 or lower greatly
increases the player's chance of being caught exponentially as the
score goes down. So, someone with 2 PKs (luck -2) would have a much
harder time stealing than someone with a luck of 0.

Gene
 18:27:34 up 16 days,  1:34, 10 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.08, 0.02
ERA Computer Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers