[crossfire] Re: [Crossfire-cvs] CVS commit: client

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Mon Feb 7 22:02:22 CST 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 05:35 pm, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Just committed those modifications. Strings are now const when

      possible (specially when getting values from GTK widgets).

      Since i changed some files in common, i may have broken gnome/x11

      clients (are they still in use??).

I think gnome client is dead. In my branch, I don't traverse the directory.

      I do think my changes make the code more robust (preventing writing on

      const char), so i think it's worth breaking the 2 other clients for

      the time it'll take someone to make the hopefully trivial changes to

      fix :)

valgrind is your friend.

As an aside, I noticed that several of the bug fixes I committed to my branch
didn't make it into HEAD.

Something wrong with the patches? Please do not take it as a compliant, rather
as a curious, so I can fix what prevent it from being applied to head.

As yet another aside, I saw Mark patch/fix several issues I had worked on
already, Mark, not see the patches or not like my solution?

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at mn-linux.org

     >          | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.mn-linux.org,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288