[crossfire] Re: [Crossfire-cvs] CVS commit: client

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 8 01:39:02 CST 2005

Bob Tanner wrote:

      On Saturday 05 February 2005 05:35 pm, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

     Just committed those modifications. Strings are now const when

     possible (specially when getting values from GTK widgets).

     Since i changed some files in common, i may have broken gnome/x11

     clients (are they still in use??).

      I think gnome client is dead. In my branch, I don't traverse the directory.

  Its left for historical purposes - it worked at one time, but
basically, it is unmaintained now.  I imagine with some limited amount
of work, one could make it work again, but there probably isn't much
reason to do so.

      As an aside, I noticed that several of the bug fixes I committed to my branch

      didn't make it into HEAD.

      Something wrong with the patches? Please do not take it as a compliant, rather

      as a curious, so I can fix what prevent it from being applied to head.

  I haven't been paying particular close attention to what you were
changing in your branch and how/if it should be applied to the main branch.

  My initial understanding (which may be incorrect) was that you're
branch was set up to do some developement regarding autoconf/automake
setup, and when that all got working, it would be merged with the main code.

  Not that it was a seperate branch that would have bugfixes that need
to be monitored and applied to the main branch.

  that said, if there are bugfixes, you should probably either apply
them to the main branch yourself, and make a diff of the changes and put
it up as a patch on sourceforge.

      As yet another aside, I saw Mark patch/fix several issues I had worked on

      already, Mark, not see the patches or not like my solution?'

  See note above.

  However, pretty much all the recent changes I committed to the clients
were patches that were on sourceforge, and thus required minimal effort.