[crossfire] Alsa 1.0.x client sound support.

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri Feb 11 13:12:04 CST 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 01:35 am, you wrote:

        The other sound modules don't have a problem because they can make

      sure they never do blocking operations - I imagine the same can be true

      of the alsa client - I just think that right now there can be cases were

      certain operations can block (but I'm hardly an alsa9 expert).

sound and linux in general is "bad". I'll poke around the alsa api and see if
the is a non-blocking capability.

How about a step back, is there a sound API that can be "universal" for all
unix-like crossfire clients?

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     >          | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.real-time.com,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288