[CF-Devel] Python questions

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Jan 9 14:43:57 CST 2005

Well 2.1 was what I always am pushing because of Debian. If we stop
supporting python 2.1 we stop python support in CF for woody - this
impacts CF servers for the mainstream debian crowd. Although many folks
use testing or unstable for desktop (including me), I think many folks
might still use woody for public servers (including me). Sarge uses
Python 2.3 however so hopefully one day soon this will be resolved.

On Sun, 2005-09-01 at 13:03 +0100, Andreas Kirschbaum wrote:

      Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > --> if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args,"lL",&whoptr,&to_pay))

      >         return NULL;

      > I get an 'internal error' on that. Is my Python version too old (using

      > 2.1) to handle the "lL" ?

      Sorry, didn't think of older Python versions. The "L" format specifier

      seems to be available since Python 2.2 only.

      I need 64 bit variables to hold money and experience values. Therefore I

      can't see a sensible way to support Python versions before 2.2 any

      longer. I'll try to add a check to the configure script to reject

      unusable Python versions.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Todd Mitchell <

     temitchell at sympatico.ca