[CF-Devel] Post-release development

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Jan 11 19:23:18 CST 2005

This is still a long standing wish of mine to see this.  There is I
think, a lot of discussion in the dev archives about it.  I still thing
it would be not too diffucult to do (I playing with it a while ago -
making some a changes in arch_blocked() and get_map_flag() but I ran out
of brains) but maybe more difficult than I think.  The portion you
didn't mention is that blocking bitmasks have to be matched up the
object movement type flags and there needs to be some overlap
(flying/swimming).  It is in the order of a rather big change in the
game however unless new arches were made and the old arches phased out
since it would break a lot of maps.  It would also really impact
gameplay.  It would make a lot more neat fun things possible however :)