[OT] Re: [crossfire] Please do not post to both mailiing lists

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Mon Jan 17 07:44:52 CST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, tchize wrote:

      Sorry, but posting to cf-devel and

      crossfire at metalforge

       is quite annoying, i

      subscribed to only one mailing list and i received the messages twice  :)

Strange you got it twice if you are subscribed to only one list.  In any
case...

If you use Unix and procmail you can have it remove duplictes for you.  I
have this in my ~/.procmailrc.  It is straight from the procmailex man
page.

Put this at the top of ~/.procmailrc:

# Weed out dupes
:

     0 Wh: msgid.lock

      formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

Always verify the legitmacy of new procmail receipes before using them.

Yes, I did cross-post this sorry :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.

     rbrockway at opentrend.net

     http://www.opentrend.net

OpenTrend Solutions: Reliable, secure solutions to real world problems.
Contributing Member of Software in the Public Interest (www.spi-inc.org)