[OT] Re: [crossfire] Please do not post to both mailiing lists

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 17 09:39:18 CST 2005

Took a look at

and am only listed on one mailing list.
I suppose <

     crossfire at metalforge.org

     > is the same mailing list with a new
address. As i didn't see any annoucements about any change for the cf-devel
mailing list moving to metalforge, i guess we should stick to the cf-devel
one.

And no, i can't use a procmail filter on the novell's free servers, no shell
account :)

Le Lundi 17 Janvier 2005 14:44, Robert Brockway a écrit :

      On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, tchize wrote:

      > Sorry, but posting to cf-devel and

      crossfire at metalforge

       is quite

      > annoying, i subscribed to only one mailing list and i received the

      > messages twice  :)

      Strange you got it twice if you are subscribed to only one list.  In any

      case...

      If you use Unix and procmail you can have it remove duplictes for you.  I

      have this in my ~/.procmailrc.  It is straight from the procmailex man

      page.

      Put this at the top of ~/.procmailrc:

      # Weed out dupes

      :0 Wh: msgid.lock

      :

      | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

      Always verify the legitmacy of new procmail receipes before using them.

      Yes, I did cross-post this sorry :)

      Rob