[crossfire] Re: [CF-Devel] Python questions

Andreas Kirschbaum kirschbaum at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 20 15:54:20 CST 2005

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Also, under Windows, there's a big issue, which was already raised

      some months ago, but is still there: the 'settings' variable is NOT

      available from the plugin module - it has default values, not the ones

      loaded from server itself.

I'm not aware of this problem. Could you give an example to demonstrate
that bug? (There are currently only a few Python functions
(CFPython.GetXxxDirectory) that access the settings structure. But I
can't think of any problem here because these functions are very simple:
they just return "settings.xxxdir".)

      And i fear all other variables are in the same case... I guess the

      best fix would be to use callbacks for all those variables?

There are more than 50 variables in the settings structure. For most of
these variables, I can't see how they could be of any use to a script.
Therefore I would rather not add callbacks for all variables but just
add callbacks for variables that are actually needed.