[crossfire] Telnet support

Sebastian Andersson bofh-lists-crossfire-dev at diegeekdie.com
Mon Jan 24 02:00:47 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:40:56AM -0800, Mitch Obrian wrote:

      I inquired because MUDers I've talked to don't like to

      play crossfire because there is no text mudlike

      iface...

If they want to play a mud, why not play an existing mud, designed
and polished for its text interface for years? There are plenty of muds
around that have the same kind of gameplay as crossfire already, there
is no need for another one.

      then I started talking about a nethack like

      interface because ... well that's the text type thing

      I'd like :) (MUD is not graphical enough for me). I

If you want a realtime, text based, rogue-like game, there are a few.
RCH2 for example (

     http://rch2.mine.nu

     ). There is currently no public
server, but if you are interested in advertising for players, writing
maps, tutorials and/or designing new, cool things for it, let me know
and I'll start up a server for you (or get the existing one up again).

/Sebastian
--
                             .oooO o,o Oooo.